Club Result Subscription Service
The purpose behind the subscription service is to automatically deliver results to your e-mail inbox when a club owner has posted them to the web. No more checking back constantly to see if the owner has finished their work yet.
If you are new to this area, you may wish to glance at the basics below of using the subscription service.
- Begin your subscription.
- Cancel your subscription.
- Change your subscription (e-mail or result preferences).
- You must be an ACBL member, registered within the Chicago area with a valid phone number listed in
the CCBA's membership directory. Check the membership directory and search for your name prior to
signing up for the service. If your name cannot be found in our directory, then you need to contact
the ACBL and update your membership information.
- A simple e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address that you provided. If it doesn't arrive shortly
after subscribing, check the e-mail address you supplied with the change subscription function.
- You have the choice of signing up for 'winning masterpoint' results, or 'any' result. The automated
program does it's best to see if you won masterpoints, but sometimes it really can't tell. There is no
a sophisticated method in making that determination. (If the MP award line is on the same line as
the player's ACBL number, then program can tell, other times it cannot.) You may sometimes get
non-winning results, even though you asked for only winners.
- The club owner will be notified you have been sent the results
which they just posted. (It simply shows your name, e-mail address, and that the results were sent to you.)
- Sometimes the club owner may post the results several times, either with a correction, or because of
computer related issues. You will receive an e-mail every time they post some
- Sometimes you won't get results when you expected them! This could be because either the club owner doesn't post the results, doesn't have any ACBL number, or (more likely) the club owner does not have the proper ACBL number for you. New life masters will have this problem. When you become a life master and that new ACBL number shows up in the CCBA database, then subscribe that ACBL number as well to the subscription service.